Photography is for some reason a “loner” type of hobby, but Camera clubs have proven that it doesn’t have to be that way!
You can advance much quicker in your process by meeting other photographers, chatting with them and learning from them. In return most only ask that you pass on what you have learned to another member when the opportunity presents itself.
Being a part of a Photographic community will help you be around other photographers, some that may be more talented or have more experience and learn from them! I can tell you my personal photography has advanced more in the 2 years in a photo club than all the years prior! It is like caffeine for your craft, now that being said the more active you are the more you will get out of the Camera club!
Below are 10 reasons to join your local club today!
10. Education: Many Clubs offer workshops, seminars and speakers to help you advance your career or hobby to new levels! Many of there opportunities are Free and others have nominal fees. Always be learning!
9. Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet & network with other like minded people and speak about business & photography!
8. Photowalks: Photowalks are a moving photo shoot with a group of people, there are social events that are a great deal of fun! Every walk you attend you will learn, teach and meet new people! Many Camera Clubs have both local photo shoots & Photo Expeditions to far away places!
7. Inspiration: Writers get writers block but Photographers get into slumps as well, being around other members that are highly energized helps pull “slumped” members out! Also many hobbyists get inspiration from other photographers in the group to try something new and grow outside their comfort zone, come get inspired today!
6. Common Interests: They help people share their talents, mentor novices, learn skills, & find people to talk to about photography
5. Sharing: Being a member automatically gives you a feeling of closeness to other members, you share something that you know to help other members grow in their journey!
4. Enrichment: Being part of a camera club or organization is an enriching experience. Try it out and see for yourself!
3. Exposure: Camera Clubs expose you to real life experiences such as model shoots, Wedding shoots, and other directions that you may want to pursue but have not had the experience. It also opens up doors to meeting members that you may want to work under to learn more about your craft!
2. Growth: Members in Photo clubs/organizations will be encouraging and supportive of your personal growth & goals. Some may even take you under their wing and mentor you!
1. Social: They are a great way to meet new friends & have a lot of fun at the same time!
A Bonus: Many Photog Clubs offer discounts off equipment, subscriptions, gear, cameras, lenses, software or services for members!
Join your local club for the Southwest & Ariona here: http://www.PhotoAdvClub.com This club covers Arizona, Utah, Colorado, California, New Mexico & Nevada!