- Make sure your subject is looking at you!
- Rule of Thirds, use it when applicable
- Control your background don’t let it get too busy it takes away from your photo
- Use Fill flash outdoors to illuminate your subjects in the foreground
- Know your flashes range, usually no more that 15 feet
- Crop in your camera by zooming close
- Use natural light and the golden hours in the early morning and late evenings
- Don’t be afraid to flip your camera and make it a portrait especially if shooting 1 or 2 people
- Direct your subjects! Ask them to pose, smile, laugh stick their tongue out .. if you have a camera they usually listen!
- Make sure your subject is in focus and lock it on them! if desired blur the background with your aperture to help control a busy background!
Use these 10 photography composition tips all the time!
Does not matter if you are shooting with your iPhone or a Professional Camera and your images will turn from snapshots into photographs!
See you soon with more helpful short tips!