Release from Adobe:
Today we’re announcing the immediate availability of Lightroom mobile.
Lightroom mobile extends your existing workflows beyond the desktop, allowing you to utilize your iPad to review and edit your images and have the changes sync back to your Lightroom catalog at home, including:
- access images in your Lightroom catalog
- make selects, reject unworthy photos
- apply a preset
- fine tunes your images using the Basic panel
- import new photos directly from the camera roll
Once you’ve told Lightroom a collection of pictures should be sent to Lightroom mobile, the process is handled automatically and the pictures will become available on your iPad once it is connected to the internet. Any changes you make on your iPad will be automatically synced and updated back to the Lightroom catalog on your desktop.
Lightroom mobile utilizes Smart Previews to provide raw editing functionality on your iPad. First introduced in Lightroom 5 beta, Smart Previews are:
- Based on the DNG file format
- Limited to 2560 pixels on the long edge
- Smaller versions original raw files
- Can be used to make adjustments even when the original files aren’t available locally
- Adjustments made to Smart Previews are applied to the original when the original files are available
NOTE – It may take up t0 24 hours for Lightroom mobile to be available in your local iOS app store.
Here is a short video explaining Lightroom Mobile:
MORE INFO From Adobe here: https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2014/04/lightroom-mobile-now-available.html